Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Last Lull

That's how I'm thinking of this weekend: the last lull in training. I was going to rent a bike and do a 15-mile ride here in Atlanta today, but for various reasons it just didn't work out. It could have, if I were super-motivated - just like how I'd work out today if I were super-motivated - but something about travel always makes me want to be lazy. Maybe if I traveled constantly, it would (by necessity) be different. But I only travel a few times a year so I tend to spend the non-work minutes of the trip just being a sloth.

Anyway, I decided that next week will be when I start being tough on myself. As in tomorrow. No excuses, no laziness, nothing but self-discipline and hard work, every day. I can do it, when I want to. I will totally be an animal, for serious.

But not today. Today I just want to sit in the sunshine and then read on the plane. All while nursing my sore abdominal muscles because man, those core exercises are not playing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment